Welcome to St. Michaels! This spectacular site on the Miles River has 180 degree unobstructed water views. This French country style house maximizes water views with a rear elevation full of doors and windows from all of the main rooms. Enjoy the waterside terraces at the main and upper floors as you relax and watch the promenade of sailboats during the summer season and the migratory birds in the fall. Spend weekends exploring the river from your pier with its 4 ft MLW. Pick your spot on the river to watch the St. Michaels July 4th Fireworks with your boating party. All this in a small neighborhood of double cul-de-sacs with the The Links at Perry Cabin golf course and the attractions of St. Michaels nearby. The house was solidly built of extra heavy steel and wood framing finished in stucco above the exposed foundation wall of stone veneer with a decorative water table, rounded copper covered dormers for a low maintenance facade. The house is L shaped with the side wing containing the three-car garage with its doors facing away from the street. The motor court's surface of cobbled stone pavers leads up to bluestone steps at the front entrance with a porch framing the view of the stunning dual Art Nouveau styled mahogany doors with inlaid vertical panels below round glazed panels. The front doors open onto a vista through the spacious two-level foyer and living room to the water views. Each level of the foyer is detailed with inlaid hardwood floors and coffered ceilings uplit to feature their copper faux finish. The cross vista from the upper entry ends at the sumptuous master suite and the open plan kitchen - breakfast area - family room at the other end. The kitchen has all the features prized by gourmet cooks-beautiful cabinetry, granite countertops, large island with a Gaggenau range across from the upper counter for bar stools and water views from both the island and kitchen sink at the side wall. The corner two-story family room has a fireplace at one interior corner freeing up the two exterior walls for diagonal water views from its walls of windows and doors. Rear tall transoms of the two story space provide additional sunlight. The side exterior French door leads to an elevated lawn area with a perimeter wall of stone that could be excavated for a pool or large hot tub and the exterior door that faces the pool has a full bath/changing space. One-third of the main floor plan contains the sumptuous master suite with the waterside bedroom, fireplace, his and her baths, including a jacuzzi tub and steam shower and two walk-in closets. The other bedrooms are located on the second floor and at the top of the stairs is a library-TV area. Between two bedrooms is a cozy space that could be a sitting area with its French door to a terrace. The corner third bedroom is opposite a space that is currently outfitted as a home gym. At the opposite corner is another open plan space that would be a great playroom. The upper level of the garage wing was originally designed as a bedroom-living suite with its own stairs down to its own exterior door. Two additional bedrooms could be added in these spaces with ease as well as an elevator. Unbelievable water views, low maintenance exteriors, high ceilings and unique details-a must see!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, French Provincial, 2 Story
5 Full/1 Half
Electric Water Heater, LP Gas Water Heater, Well
Dryvit, Concrete, Mason, Block, Stone, Stucco - Sy
8,833 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Chance Hope Farm
Abell & Zuelke
Underground, Cable TV, Electric service available, Onsite Telephone
Talbot County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Storage, Exercise Room, Library
- Dining Area, Formal
- Butler Pantry, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Range/Oven Built-in, Range-Oven, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Ice Maker, Microwave, Wall Oven, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Six Burner Range, Washer
- Hardwood, Marble, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Geo-Thermal
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump, Geothermal.
- Double Pane, Vinyl Frame
- 3. Gas Burning.
- Entry Level Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Air Filter, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Cedar Closet, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Open Floor Plan, Laundry Chute, Sauna, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Driveway, Brick Driveway.
- Stone, Synthetic Stucco, Concrete
- Undergound Lawn Sprinkler
- Metal, Rubber
- Lot View
- Bay, Panoramic, River, Water, Scenic
- Body of Water
- Miles River
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Riprap, Water Front, Private Dock, Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Landscaped. Private, Rip-Rapped, Cleared, Landscaping, Premium.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price