Once in a lifetime opportunity to own a St. Michaels iconic landmark waterfront property in a premier in-town location! This grand historic home is on the biggest waterfront lot overlooking the St Michaels harbor. Breathtaking views of the "Honeymoon" footbridge, Hollis Park, the Patriot Tour Boat, marinas & Navy Point, the home of Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum. The main building is distinguished by it's elaborate 2nd Empire Mansard slate roof and Colonial Revival columned porches. Zoned R2 residential with a current home based business run as Aida's Victoriana Inn Bed and Breakfast. It's the only B&B in St. Michaels with a full, separate two bedroom, two bath Innkeepers house which would make a beautiful guest house. The property can be subdivided into two waterfront houses. There are seven bedrooms with four waterside bedrooms including a main level primary suite with a large private deck and sweeping views of the harbor. All rooms have separate controlled cooling. Three rooms have fireplaces. Plenty of access to the water via a public kayak launch, free Town day boat parking, overnight boat slips at the Museum and year round slip rentals next door at Higgins Yacht yard. Full basement in the main house provides ample storage. There is onsite parking for 10 cars. Commercial sprinklers throughout. Fully furnished with old world charm. Price is the same with or without furniture. Purchase price includes everything needed to start your own B&B business plus access to reservation and accounting system. Service for 120 person events is included. Town of St. Michaels B&B Inn license is good for unlimited events including weddings. Buyer must apply for license before settlement. Excellent high elevation with no current flood insurance. Financials only available after an in-person showing & a signed non-compete. This is a residential purchase with the ability for a buyer to start their own business. Current business is not for sale. Please do not go on the property without an appointment. Listing agent must accompany any showings. Showings must be scheduled around occupancy with at least 24 hours notice. Access to all rooms may need several showing appointments. History, plat and Features Sheet in MLS documents.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial, Traditional, Victorian
8 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Other, LP Gas Water Heater, Publ
Other Construction, Wood Siding, Vinyl Siding
4,394 sq. ft
Henry Clay Dodson
Cable TV, Underground
Detailed Room Information
- Hookups in Basement
- Eat-In Kitchen
- Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Self-Cleaning Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer, Ice Maker, Microwave
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Oil. Radiators.
- Stained Glass
- 3. Gas Burning, Wood-burning.
- Main Entrance Locked, Alarm -Smoke/Fire, TV Entry System
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Sprinkler System, Wood Floors, Recessed Lights, Window Treatment, Fire Alarm System, Fire Sprinklers, 9Ft+ Ceilings, High Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- Concrete Driveway, Private.
- Wood, Vinyl, Other
- Deck, Porch
- Slate, Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- River, Water, Marina View, Harbor View
- Body of Water
- St. Michaels harbor, Miles River
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Flood Lights, Sidewalks, Front Yard, Landscaped. Bulkheaded, Cleared, Corner, Front Yard, Landscaping, No Thru Street, Stream/Creek, Subdivision Possible.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price